I got bad experience on Acer Aspire laptop E1-572. One day suddenly not turn on the screen and all light indicator on. HDD light indicator shows normal. After long research finally concluded the issue with a faulty Bios.
Repair Bios with USB disk
- Downloaded bios latest version from Acer website
- Take empty USB drive then format with fat32 file system on another computer.
DISKPART>SELECT DISK 1
DISKPART>CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
DISKPART>FORMAT FS=FAT32 QUICK
Then launch the downloaded file V5WE2210.exe (or similar) on another system. It ends by displaying an error window, which is normal because the Bios it contains does not match that of your system. Do not close this window for now.
bios inside isflash.bin file can be found on tmp folder.
Assumes that the drive letter of the USB drive is F:
copy isflash.bin file to USB using command prompt and rename it V5WE2x64.fd.
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS84E6.tmp>copy isflash.bin f:\V5WE2x64.fd
copy isflash.bin F:\V5WE2x64.fd
Now safely remove it from its USB port .
Flashing bios on Acer Aspire E1-572
The Acer Aspire E1-572 must be turned off, battery removed and power cord disconnected.
- SHUTDOWN ACER LAPTOP
- REMOVE ALL EXTERNAL DEVICES
- REMOVE BATTERY AND POWER ADAPTER
- HOLD POWER BUTTON FOR 10 SECOND , THEN RELEASE
- PLUG USB FLASH DRIVE INTO USB PORT
- HOLD “FN” + “ESC” AND WHILE HOLDING, PLUG IN POWER ADAPTER
- WHILE STILL HOLDING “FN” + “ESC” , PRESS POWER BUTTON
- WAIT UNTIL FAN SPINS UP, THEN RELEASE “FN” + “ESC” KEYS.
DURING THIS TIME, BIOS IS BEING READ FROM USB FLASH DRIVE AND FLASHED
-THE LAPTOP SHOULD REBOOT WHEN THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE
DO NOT REMOVE POWER OR USB FLASH DRIVE DURING THIS PROCESS.