Remote desktop getting error try to make a remote desktop (RDP) connection to the server from the local client.
Error message: CredSSP Encryption Oracle Remediation
Fix this error: CredSSP Encryption Oracle Remediation
- Open Run type gpedit.msc
- open local group policy editor
- LCP>Computer configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Credentials Delegation>Encryption Oracle Remediation
- Edit > Not configured changed to Enabled.
- Option>Protection level changed to Vulnerable
- Apply all changes.
The most common scenario is that the client has the CredSSP update installed, and the Encryption Oracle Remediation policy setting does not allow an insecure RDP connection to a server that does not have the CredSSP update installed.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- On the client has the CredSSP update installed, run gpedit.msc, and then browse to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Credentials Delegation in the navigation pane.
- Change the Encryption Oracle Remediation policy to Enabled, and then change Protection Level to Vulnerable.
If you cannot use gpedit.msc, you can make the same change by using the registry, as follows:
- Open a Command Prompt window as Administrator.
- Run the following command to add a registry value:
REG ADD HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\CredSSP\Parameters\ /v AllowEncryptionOracle /t REG_DWORD /d 2